November 14, 2011

Tutorial: Speckled Hexis

For those of you who want to add a little variety to your puffs, here's my mini-tutorial on how to make my speckled puffs:



So I'm going to try to do this without giving away the pattern!


CO and do your increase row as normal. 
On the first plain knit round, knit 1 in the MC, (k1 in CC, k3 in MC) repeat until 3 stitches remain, k1 CC, k2 MC. 
Do 3 rounds of the pattern in MC, then repeat speckled row.

It pretty much spaces itself out perfectly with the way the increases work.  I love how these speckled puffs just stand out:



These technique is nice for a little variety. I hope it makes sense!
♥ ashley

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love the effect. Thanks for the instructions. I'll have to give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE EM! Can't wait to try! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! will definelty have to give it a shot!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete