November 28, 2011

Knitting Holidays!

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving holiday?  I certainly got a lot done on the break!

First, I wanted to show off this amazing yarn I bought from Twisted Fiber Art.  It's an Evolution yarn that starts off in one color, then it evolves into something else entirely:


When I got my happy skein in the mail, I couldn't decide what pattern would best showcase the colors.  I wound up turning it into a shawl:


The yarn was such a treat to work with!  Watching the colors change kept me from getting too bored, plus it looks so great wrapped up as a scarf around my neck.  I love the fall colors.  :)


I also finished two hats for friends of mine!  The first hat here is for my friend Tina whose birthday is in a few weeks.  I love this hat because the decreases make a star!  How cool is that?


And this hat (A hat For Eudora by Alex Tinsley) is for my friend Whitney.  Back in January I made a Facebook post claiming to make a handmade gift at somepoint in 2011 for the first five people who signed up.  This is the last of the Handmade in 2011 knits, just in time!



This pattern has a great hidden contrast hem that it kind of cool.  :)

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving full of food, family, and knitting!  

Happy knitting, everyone!

♥ ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment