February 7, 2012

Finished Projects!

I did a test knit for the amazing Alex Tinsley not too long ago and now that the pattern is available I can post about it!






The pattern is called Station Hat and it is very fun!  It is quite a deceptive pattern in that there is almost no purling whatsoever.  The hat looks more "correct" on Jonathan since his head is a much more normal size than my pea-sized head which makes all hats super slouched.  

I used Madelinetosh tosh merino dk yarn in the colorway Badlands.  This is my new favorite hat.  The simple pattern and muted colors means I can wear it with anything.  


I also finished another of my Handmade in 2012 projects!  This hat is for my friend Erika who is a big Harry Potter fan.  So am I, which is why I knew exactly what hat I was making for her as soon as she signed up...




This is the parseltongue hat from Tiny Owl Knits.  It's made of Blue Skys Alpaca Suri Merino in the colorway Fog.  This yarn is so smooshy and oozy and silky soft.  The hat just melts on your head.  The cables make little snakes that slither all other the place.  They even have little eyes and tongues!

I already made one of these hats for myself a few years ago in a more beige-y color:


Nice washout on the top, but you get an idea of how melty this hat is.

That's a weird way to describe a hat.  Melty...

I guess that means I should end this blog post before it gets any weirder.  I've got two more projects on the needles right now so maybe I'll do a work-in-progress post soon!  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment